Add-on acquisitions in Verium’s portfolio
Zurich, 15. August 2017
As part of a systematic “buy-and-build” strategy the Verium portfolio companies Christ & Heiri, Home Instead and basefit.ch could successfully complete bolt-on acquisitions. With the targeted add-ons we continue to follow a defined consolidation strategy in order to strengthen the market position and to create value through the realization of synergies.
- Christ & Heiri (production of high precision gearing parts): Acquisition of Grieshaber Feinmechanik (www.grieshaber-feinmechanik.de), a Black Forest based company with a 130-year history and two production facilities in Germany and Mexico. Grieshaber Feinmechanik is the ideal addition to Christ & Heiri as it offers the entire supply chain under one roof: from its workshop for turning and gearing parts to the production and mounting of assemblies. In addition to Olivier Brunner, the Executive Management of the Christ & Heiri Group has been strengthened by Thomas Seeler.
- Home Instead (senior care at home): Home Instead Switzerland, the market leader for non-medical senior care services, has acquired the majority of the Home Instead master franchise in Ireland. By leveraging the experience gained in Switzerland where Home Instead was able to quadruple its sales in the last three years, a similar consolidation strategy shall be implemented. The Irish market has characteristics comparable to the ones in Switzerland, is growing annually by a double-digit percentage and offers large consolidation potential.
- basefit.ch (fitness chain): basefit.ch, the leading discount fitness chain in Switzerland, was able to sustain its high organic and inorganic growth, amongst other by the acquisition of three clubs in Chur, Zurich and Basel. Moreover, rental contracts have recently been signed for four new clubs in Kriens, Baar, Bern Bümpliz and Olten, which are expected to open in the second half of 2017. Since Verium’s initial investment in basefit.ch approximately two years ago, the total number of own clubs could be increased from 6 to 22. Besides these, there are also three franchise clubs.
- Verium AG
- Marc Erni, Managing Partner & Head Direct Investments | firstname.lastname@example.org | +41 44 269 60 91
- Francis Barrier, Investment Manager | email@example.com | +41 44 269 60 98
- George Merk, Investment Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | +41 44 269 60 94